This is who I am

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 30, 2010

Thing 5 - Flickr and Photo Sharing

I have been using Picasa for a while now because I have a Gmail account and it is connected through Google and not yahoo. I did my Thing5 using Picasa instead of Flickr. It was fun exploring the different things that can be done using a photo sharing sight such as Picasa. I have not done this yet, but I think that this next school year I will try to take a lot of pictures of my students doing whatever they do best and allow my parents the opportunity to view our classroom in a private session that only those privileged will be able to have access. This is a great way to share with parents and other school staff all of the fun things we do as a class. I know that in special education, parents want the best for their children and want their children to feel that they are loved and respected. By allowing parents the ability to actually see the love will allow for a close relationship between school and home. I am really excited to implement this in my classroom. By having Instructional Assistants in my class, I can delegate one to be my photographer and Picasa updater after each adventure I take my students on. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment