This is who I am

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 30, 2010

Thing 07 - RSS Feeds and Blog Readers

I have always seen that little RSS icon on web pages that I frequently go to but never knew what that icon was. After creating my Google Reader page back in Thing3, I still did not know how to use the page to its full advantage. It is great to have a page like this to be able to stay connected to what I want to be connected to and nothing else. I have not been a big blog reader in the past, but now that I am becoming more attuned to how they can improve my life or keep me entertained, I will start exploring what is going on in the ciber world through blogs. When I find one that I enjoy reading, then I will connect it to my Google Reader page. This "Thing" has opened my eyes to another amazing thing that the internet has to offer.

In my classroom, I can subscribe to pages or blogs that relate to different teaching topics such as different curriculum, fun activities to do with special needs students, field trip ideas, etc. It would be nice to have Google reader on hand every time I log into my google account to get the latest blogs. Each student can have their own google reader account and I will manage what they subscribe to. They can be connected to the latest news from their favorite websites that are kid friendly. The possibilities are endless using this recently discovered RSS Feeds online.

No comments:

Post a Comment