This is who I am

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blog Post: Thing 8 – Free Technology Resources

Write about the five tools or website you found that will be useful in your teaching.

1. Common Craft is a great tool that breaks confusing information down into an easy to understand tutorial that is geared to making life easier for someone who wants to advance in their technology knowledge. In the blog on July 28, 2010, Byrne posted three Common Craft videos that clearly explained to to use Blogs, Wikis, and RSS. I especially liked how they explained Wikis. It makes setting up meetings or sharing lesson plans across a network of teachers. As a special education teacher, I am constantly trying to improve my teaching ideas and methods and I feel that Common Craft is a site that makes knowing how to use this useful information a very easy.

2. http://www.childtopia.com/index.php?newlang=eng - being a special education teacher, I am always looking for new things to present to my students and in this economy, free is even better. After exploring this website, I was amazed at how easy it was to set up educational activities for my students and give each of my students access to computers and technologies. It is essential that I do not neglect my students because of their disabilities. By giving them fun games to play, gives them a sense of freedom and accomplishment.

3. Free Sound Effects Library- This is a neat site that is filled with a vast amount of sound FX that I can use while doing a lesson. Say I were doing a lesson on African animals and the students wanted to know what a lion sounded like. I can link to this website and show my class what a real African Lion sounded like. This is pretty cool. The possibilities are endless.

4. School Clip Art- As a teacher who is constantly trying to create my own curriculum, I can use School Clip Art to add a little extra to my worksheets. Or if I am sending home a newsletter to my parents, I can add a picture of our school mascot.

5. Google for Teachers II- Free 33 Page Guide- This guide is a great tool to have as I want to expand my Google arsenal as I become a better teacher through the use of Google and all that it has to offer. Before this course, I only used Google for Search, Email, and Calendar. Now I am so much more equip to start this next school year stronger then ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment